I am an independent artist, studied and worked many years -from 1990 to 2000 – with one of the greatest Egyptian artists in Alexandria, Esmat Dawestashy.
I’m always searching for the self inherent in things, in the identity of things and forms and lines, always looking at the characters and the spirit in everything we see, wondering why only the huge emptiness imposes itself on the surface of the forms, while the real powers and the dynamics of things are always hidden.
“In few years Mahmoud Menaysy was able to unleash his deep powerful art character submitting it to experience the Modern Art. In the last years, this young talented artist introduced important answers to art perplexities. For instance, how to tackle the contradiction thesis and the importance of shock and contrast. If he tackles woman’s body, he will incarnate the ethereal treasure that carry the space to express the entire existence of universe, thus it would be the cold deaf material that explodes to protest against all solid, cold, soft, thick, soulless, and mindless. Even though, Menaysy still faithful to the system and method, even his keen on the systematic aestheticism margined his original theory of omission and protest, settle it among shock and contrast factors to unveil the artificial consumed stereotyped”..
Ahmed Fouad Selim 1998 – Director of the Egyptian Modern Art Museum (Cairo)
- Birth date: 16/3/1970
- Artist name: Mahmoud Menaysy
- name: Mahmoud Abdelhamid
- Place of birth: Alexandria – Egypt
- Languages: Italian, English, Arabic
- Independent visual artist, expressing himself through painting, sculpture, installations and video art
- Member of Alexandria and Cairo Atelier in Egypt.
- Member of the Syndicate of Fine Artists in Egypt.
- Member of (NCAS) NORFOLK CONTEMPORARY ART SOCIETY in United Kingdom UK 2013.
- Director of Visual Art Administration (THE GENERAL ORGANIZATION OF CULTURE PALACES – EGYPT)
- (THE NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR URBAN HARMONY – EGYPT)
- Director of Public Art Administration and Art Curator
- Sabbatical leave of the Ministry of Culture, 1996/2006.
- La Biennale di Venezia – Deputy Commissioner of the Egyptian Pavilion 2001 and 2003.
- Curator & Commissioner & the General Coordinator of the Project (Utopia) in Egypt
- Curator & Commissioner & the General Coordinator of the Project (Exchange of Modern and Contemporary Art) in Egypt.
International Exhibitions & Workshop:
- Gallery ESDAC, Quinzaine du parrainage artistique, Aix-en-Provence, November 2015
- Visual vision and objects scene of the show (San Vittore Globe Theater), represented in collaboration the Association UBI MINOR on the Theater Piccolo Teatro Studio in Milan, Italy, November 2014.
- 2nd International exhibition FESTA DEL MARE, Regio Calabria, Italy, 2013.
- 2nd International exhibition 13 WO/MEN, Brighton, UK, 2013.
- The International exhibition COLORS FROM THE WORLD, Roccella Ionica,Italy 2012.
- 1st Sodic International Symposium for sculpture in Egypt, 2011.
- Al-Shouf International Art Symposium in Lebanon, 2001.
- The 21st Alexandria International Biennale of Mediterranean Countries, 2001.
- The 7th Cairo International Biennale, 1998.
Comune di Mairano, Festa Sagra del contadino, Brescia, Italie 2016
Arteatro Crema Ital 30 April – 15 May 2016.
- Questions D’interieur Aix-en-Provence, France. 20 April 2016.
- Aix-en-Provence City Hall Galerie (Mairie d’Aix-en-Provence, Place de l’Hôtel de ville) France. 28 February 2016. (canceled for security reasons)
- Galerie Expression D’art, Marseille, France. 3 February – 2 March 2016.
- Art Corner Gallery, Zamalek, Cairo, Egitto. 1 – 15 febbraio 2016.
- L’ateier Galerie Autran, Aix-en-Provence, France. July 2015.
- CAM Garibaldi, Milan, Italy. June 2015.
- – Cagliari Gulf Club, Sardinia – Italia, 2014.
- – Extra Gallery, Zamalek in Cairo – Egypt. 2009 and 2010.
- – Center of Arts, Zamalek (Akhnaton Gallery) in Cairo – Egypt. 2004 (Stars Youth Salon).
- – Mahmoud Mokhtar Museum in Cairo – Egypt. 2006.
- – Aljazira Center for Arts, Zamalek, Cairo – Egypt. 2002.
- – Zamalek Arts Complex in March 1998.
- – Spanish Cultural Center in Alexandria in March 1997.
- – Alexandria Atelier in Egypt 1995.
- – Alexandria Museum of Fine Arts in February 1995.
- – Russian Cultural Center in Alexandria 1994.
- – German cultural Center in Alexandria – Goethe Inistitutt –1993.
- – Exhibitions on the Cairo Atelier Gallery – Egypt.2007.
- – Exhibitions on the Cairo Atelier Gallery – Egypt.2006.
- – Exhibitions on the Cairo Atelier Gallery – Egypt.2005.
- – Exhibitions on the Cairo Atelier Gallery – Egypt.2000.
- – Exhibitions on the Cairo Atelier Gallery – Egypt. 1997.
- – Exhibitions on the Cairo Atelier Gallery – Egypt. 1996.
- – Exhibitions on the Cairo Atelier Gallery – Egypt. 1994.
- – Exhibitions on the Cairo Atelier Gallery – Egypt. 1992.
Local and international Who’s Who
- Youth Salon Encyclopedia, First Edition, edited by Dr. Sobhy el-Sharoony, 1994, Sector of Fine Arts Publications.
- Youth Salon Encyclopedia, Second Edition, edited by critic Mohammed Hamza, Sector of Fine Arts Publications, 2002.
- Encouraging prize, the 14th Youth Salon, 2002.
- Prize of the 21st Alexandria International Biennale of Mediterranean Countries, 2001
- prize of the international biennale of Alexandria 2001
- Prize for drawing, Alexandria Youth Salon, 1997.
- Top prize for installation, the 9th Youth Salon, 1997
- Second prize for drawing, the 8th Youth Salon, 1996.
- Jury prize for painting, the 7th Youth Salon, 1995.
- His artworks are part of art lovers collections in Egypt, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Sweden, South Africa, U.S.A, Kuwait and Sweden.
- The Egyptian Modern Art Museum & The Ministry of Culture of Egypt & Cultural Development Fund of Egypt,
Swedish Royal palace in Stockholm (the princess of the hearts Victoria).